Thursday, March 3, 2016

A Very Punny Galentine's Day

Salut mes amies,

Can you believe it's already March?! Time flies when you're having fun. I am sorry for the lack of updates, but between bad weather and school, Hodel and I haven't had much time for adventures. I am very much looking forward to spring and warmer weather!

Anyway, did you have a good Valentine's Day? Hodel and I spent the holiday (we like to call it Galentine's Day, since neither of us has a sweetheart, haha) making cards for our best friends and sisters.


Hodel came up with some terrific puns for our valentines, although she had to explain most of them to me. Puns don't always translate well across languages. While I learned about why it rains cats and dogs in America, I taught Hodel a few French puns.

Here is one of my favorites:

C’est l’histoire de deux pommes de terre.
Une d’elles se fait écraser et l’autre s’écrie :
– Oh purée !


And its English translation:

Here is the story of two potatoes.
One of them is ran over, and the other says:
– Oh purée! [It’s a pun, meaning both “Oh my goodness!” and “Oh, mashed potatoes!”]


You can find more French jokes and puns at this website, if you're interested. 

 How do you like our Valentine's Day outfits? After making our cards, we spent the rest of the day indulging in leftover chocolate from Hanukkah and talking about cute boys. 


I'm sure you are all curious about whether or not I have a crush, but je suis désolée, I can't tell you that! What I can tell you is that I am thirteen, and most girls at that age have crushes. Haha! 


Hodel's mom asked us to take a goofy picture, but I'm afraid that this is about as goofy as it gets. Maybe we're just too pretty to look goofy? I don't know, but we decided to make the trees our valentines since we had such nice weather on Valentine's Day. 


How did you spend Valentine's Day this year? Did you make or buy your cards?

Ton amie,
Sophie 

4 comments:

Xyra Silverleaf said...

My sisters and I made some funny photos too! We really like the one of you and Hodel in the tree. the weather wasn't nice enough for us to go out tree climbing. We watched the Charlie Brown special and decided to make Valentine cards for him. I know, silly right? Oh, well, girls just want to have fun. :)

Xyra Silverleaf said...

I'm back; this time to nominate you for an award. The Want Some Tea blogger award. Check it out here: http://teatimewithmelodyq.blogspot.com/2016/03/want-some-tea.html
Best wishes!

Kara said...

Your dolls are so pretty! I love their necklaces <3
~Kara

Daisy @ Caught Daydreaming said...

Hello! My name is Molly, and I speak English and some German. I was wondering... is French an easy language to learn?
~Molly~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...